Saturday, July 8, 2017

Two incorrect notions

Two incorrect notions

Lately there have been postings on news sites saying "Islam is a religion" and you bad people are "racists," during debates in comments sections. I would like to shout at them: "DEFINE YOUR TERMS!" Then I realize that I believe some things that I think people get all wrong because they don't bother to study them. Well, here's my comments in a nutshell. I can go into more details ... but it's taken me years of reading and discussion to come to these current ideas. I'm willing to change, but the discussion better be well-researched to convince me otherwise at this point. But it will have to be good. (Hint: no name calling. I know it's satisfying, but it doesn't change minds.)

The two incorrect notions: ISLAM is a religion. There are different RACES.

1.Islam is not a religion. It is a polity, and shows all the problems with a mixing of religion and government. This is the very thing the American experience is trying to separate. And, I think, has gone too far and overboard in trying to achieve. The first amendment forbids the government process from making laws that call for a specific, single religion to be “official” and allows citizens to practice the religion of their choice, unless one of these choices interferes with other citizens' guaranteed freedoms. For example: A religion demanding death to others who practice a different religion is a no-no. (Isn't it?)

2.Race is a myth. It was a created notion that was meant to divide one group of persons from another based on some characteristic (or several). A characteristic is considered “superior” or “inferior” according to some measure (height, IQ, blood type, skin color, hair color, eye color, religion, food preference, etc.) and then allows the “stronger” to dominate the “weaker.” It’s all a fake idea. I prefer to treat humans the same way we treat birds: one species with many varieties of subtle differences (wing size, colors, flocking behaviors, etc.) called sub-species. These are usually naturally adapted from generation to generation to provide survival needs in changing environments. It would be better to describe humans as “featherless bipeds.”

But the whole idea of human “races” is a hoax.

So, now we can talk about our government, the laws we want or don't want, and how people can interact with one another. Let's leave out Islam and Race as concepts to guide our lawmaking. They only seem to help tyrants, dictators, idolized leaders, and fascists of all stripes. 
And I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment